The next thing I’ve done is a stroller bag for use in spring/summer/early fall. This one was made for Jonatan, my stepsister’s youngest one. It was a long time since the last stroller bag I made, and I had forgotten about all the work… This is really some hours of work! But also very satisfying when it’s done and you’re happy with the result 😉
This winter had not been the most productive, but I actually have managed to get something done 🙂 And I think my inspiration is on it’s way back, finally! There’s been so long without blogging now, that I actually have to go back to August to find the first thing I have not presented here. This is a Rumpie (I think it’s called) for Matilde. It’s a shorts and a top that is in one piece. I just made my own pattern out of an old singlet and a pair of shorts.
A little Flower Power inspired dresses created on order from my sister in law to her friends two daughters. The dresses are similar, in sizes 2 and 4 years. The largest one on my soon to be 5 year old here on the pictures. A little bit too short for her, but you get the impression of how it looks on 😉 Always nice with some action-pics!
Sometimes you need to make a mistake to be inspired… These fabric combinations are a result of a misplaced order. I thought I ordered stripes, and ended up with two types of dots when I got it. My first impulse was to return it, but then I changed my mind and ordered stripes in addition to the dots 😉 So one night after the kids went to bed I made this set for my youngest one (5 years) A lot of stripes and dots, and she loved it! So did my oldest, so I guess I have to do another one for her…
My stepsister got a baby boy some weeks (actually more like months now…) ago, and I wanted to make him something special. The Jeans are made out of a pair of Magnus` old ones that didn`t fit him anymore. Perfect for baby jeans since they`re worn and soft! The onesie is my first try ever to make one, so I was not so sure that would work out the first time, but it did! I`ve got a picture of him in it, so it even fits 😉 I thought it would be funny to add some details to the jeans from the Onesie-fabric, so it appears to be more of a set. I really like those ooga booga figures! (Also have the fabric in pink…) Here`s pictures of the front and the back of the set. I thought I had picture of the onesie alone to show the nice buttons, but I guess I forgot…
These hair bands were made just to have something whenever I needed a small gift, and now they are all gone 😉 My own girls tried to take off with every one of them, but ended up with one each. The rest is spread out. I can make more on request if anyone is interested. Price is $10 or 75 kr. Lots of work, they´re having 3 layers to keep them nice and steady, and everyone has two different fabrics so you can use them on both sides.
Måtte plutselig lage en barselgave i en fei, og hadde ikke tid til å kjøpe stoff. Av en eller annen grunn er det fryktelig masse «jentestoff» i skuffene mine… Og fint lite som passet til en liten gutt. Heldigvis har jeg tatt vare på litt gamle dongeribukser som M hadde tenkt å kaste, for godt brukte dongeribukser blir faktisk ganske myke og deilige babybukser. Jeg klarte å få til en bukse i ca str 68 av beina, og sånn ble den: (Med god plass til bleierumpe!)
All of a sudden, I had to make a present to a newborn boy, and there was no time to shop fabric. For some reason there`s a lot of girly fabric in my drawers… And not much that would suit a baby boy. But luckily, I had kept some old jeans that was supposed to be thrown away, and old jeans are actually quite soft fabric and suitable for a little baby. I managed to make a pair of baby jeans, size 4-6 months, with plenty of space for diapers 😉 Here it is:
Og siden jeg har fått forespørsel om hvordan en syr i ribb på små buksebein, tenkte jeg at jeg kunne vise det også med det samme 😉
Vreng buksa, og legg den brettede ribben inni, rett mot rett. Sett en knappenål på hver side sånn at det blir jevnt fordelt med buksestoff.
Så må man passe på å strekke godt i ribben mens man legger den på plass under trykkfoten, og fortsett å strekke hele veien. Som dere kan se av bildet syr jeg på innsiden, oppå ribben siden buksebeinet er så lite. Litt klundrete, men med litt trening går det fint.